Friday, January 11, 2013

Crunchy crust Hake

VERY EASY
LUNCH, DINNER
Hands on & cook time 25 mins

It doesn´t get any easier than this. Quick,easy and cheap, perfect ! Great weekday dinner.


I did this last week for my dad when he came to visit, he loved it! my daughter always clears her plate and it even pleases the non-fish lover...Daddy.
I buy a full Fresh Hake (lluç) most weeks in fillets, it´s a cheap fish and nice and lean which makes it easy to digest. I serve my daughter the tail end of the fish which normally means no bones.

INGREDIENTS

4 Hake Fillets (with of without skin)
60g (2 1/2oz) melted butter
zest of 1 small lemon, finely grated
1 clove of garlic, crushed
100g (3 1/2 oz) breadcrumbs ( I use fresh which I keep frozen)
Mayonnaise

METHOD

**Tip** This dish works well with any white fish fillets.
Heat the oven to 180·C. Place the Hake fillets on foil on a large baking tray (skin side down).
Spread a thin layer of  mayonnaise over each fillet. Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic and lemon zest, pour in the butter and mix with a fork.  Cover the fillets with the crumbs.  Transfer to the oven and roast for about 18 -20 minutes, or until the crust is golden. (don´t over cook the fish it becomes dry).
When the fish is cooked it´s easy to remove from the baking tray, leaving the skin on the foil.



No comments:

Post a Comment