Monday, September 24, 2012

Lasagne

Lasagne



It´s hard to cook something which pleases all the family (and we are only 3!).  My husband is a big meat & carb eater, myself and my daughter are big fish and veg eaters.  The good old classic Lasagne goes down with everyone and I normally serve this for Saturday lunch. The recipe cooks 4 adult portions I normally freeze any left overs.I always buy the mince from a butcher (the Market). 

Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
2 onions,chopped
1 clove garlic,crushed
1 carrot,chopped
450g (1lb) lean good quality minced beef
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2tbsp tomato purée
300ml (1/2 pint) beef stock
salt & pepper
Lasagne sheets
50g Parmesan cheese, grated

Cheese Sauce
75g (3oz) butter
75g (3ox) plain flour
800ml (1 1/2 pt) milk
pinch grated nutmeg
50g (2oz) cheddar cheese, grated

Method
Grease a 3 litre ovenproof dish. Heat oil in a large pan and fry onions,garlic and carrot for 4-5 mins. Add mince and fry for 3-4 mins until brown.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and seasoning. Simmer, covered for 30 mins.
Melt butter, add flour and sir for 1 min. Remove from heat and gradually add milk. Bring to boil, stirring until thick.  Season and add Cheddar cheese.
Preheat oven. Put 4 sheets Lasagne in a dish,cover with half meat sauce then third cheese sauce.  repeat layers, finishing with lasagne, cheese sauce and Parmesan. Bake for 45mins.


I have done this recipe for years my memory fails me to where the original came from!! possibly Sainsbury´s.

No comments:

Post a Comment